Welcome to European Tribune. It's gone a bit quiet around here these days, but it's still going.
Can you diary it?

The House has also passed a resolution condemning the MoveOn ad against Petraeus.

We have met the enemy, and it is us — Pogo

by Carrie (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Wed Sep 26th, 2007 at 02:53:21 PM EST
[ Parent ]
I'm quite sure the Move-On vote will get bigger coverage than the Iran vote.  The press has gotten very good and building up minor stories to avoid having to report the real news.  

A recent "American Pulse Survey" by BIGresearch (dated 9-26-07, I guess that makes it VERY recent), questioned Americans about who they "trust".

The President came in at 14.2% -- which was good.  Members of Congress came in at 2.6%, the press at 4.4% and bloggers at 5.8%.

My point: we've reached a point in time in America where the American people do not trust anyone -- inside or outside of government -- but are obviously comfortable with the situation.  Another war will make the netroots go crazy, but will have little impact on American opinion and people's actions.

By the way, another finding: 93% believe there are problems with the U.S. Health Care system (the other 7% died before answering the question).

You can find the survey here: http://www.centerformediaresearch.com/cfmr_brief.cfm?fnl=070926

by numediaman on Wed Sep 26th, 2007 at 03:53:11 PM EST
[ Parent ]


Occasional Series