I still only got until Yuan Sha's amazing performance (visually too), but here are two entries in two comments.

First -- guitar bands were ascribed to me, so here is a rather special use of the guitar: beyond the usual stuff with the bow, watch out from 06:15 in:

Sigur Rós: Svefn-g-englar, concert version (11:12)

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.

by DoDo on Sat Apr 19th, 2008 at 06:30:19 PM EST
The same folk song with a guitar and a singer (plus a hundred thousand throats)....

Freddie Mercury: Tavaszi szél vizet áraszt, Queen Live in Budapest 1986 (02:01)

...and with an organ plus a few thousand throats:

Xavér Varnus: Tavaszi szél vizet áraszt, live in the Budapest Synagogue (01:49)

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.

by DoDo on Sat Apr 19th, 2008 at 06:56:02 PM EST
Thanks for pointing me to Sigur Ros. Excellent music and some beautiful videos.

And BTW, since I see your Queen singing Hungarian, I always wondered if German bands still sound German when singing English.

Who would have noticed?

"If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles." Sun Tzu

by Turambar (sersguenda at hotmail com) on Sat Apr 19th, 2008 at 11:35:50 PM EST
still sound German when singing English.

I hear German intonation in the refrain of this Tote Hosen song, but I'm curious too what native English speakers hear.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.

by DoDo on Sun Apr 20th, 2008 at 10:43:52 AM EST
Slight German, but I pick up more a measure of californian metal band intonation in his voice.

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Sun Apr 20th, 2008 at 12:43:46 PM EST
Here's another guitar sound--acoustic/electric, sorta blues but with raised fourths at (e.g.) 00:42-00:45.  It's a jam outside someone's house I think.  02:17

Don't fight forces, use them R. Buckminster Fuller.

by rg (leopold dot lepster at google mail dot com) on Sun Apr 20th, 2008 at 05:44:55 AM EST