often needlessly overcomplicated?  You are writing about the very symbol of the clinical insanity which dwarfs the "achievements" of western civilization.  The fragile topsoil which provides the nutrients which nourish all, including nuclear submarine designers, is at perilous risk.  the oceans are dying, which feed more than half the world.

I didn't create the world and I'm not saying I like it. I just try to live in it.

realist? realism sunk us to the depths we now find ourselves. What's real is the lack of vision, the lack of courage as a people, a nation to stand up and say enough.
"Realism" is a school of international relations. It needs not be the most realistic, ie the one which describes how the world works in the most correct way. Indeed, the scholars of the "liberal" and "constructivist" traditions would think otherwise. These schools in hand might not be the most liberal or constructive; those are just names.

Peak oil is not an energy crisis. It is a liquid fuel crisis.
by Starvid on Wed Jul 15th, 2009 at 06:59:54 AM EST
I think you need to write a diary about international relations.

The peak-to-trough part of the business cycle is an outlier. Carnot would have died laughing.
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Wed Jul 15th, 2009 at 07:01:15 AM EST
Probably. But any standard textbook by Joseph Nye or anyone would work just as well.

Peak oil is not an energy crisis. It is a liquid fuel crisis.
by Starvid on Wed Jul 15th, 2009 at 07:13:10 AM EST

Oh, you did create it and are creating it. At least people who believe as you do did:

Realism, also known as political realism (not to be confused with Realpolitik), is a school of international relations that prioritizes national interest and security, rather than ideals, social reconstructions, or ethics.

by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Wed Jul 15th, 2009 at 07:13:04 AM EST
As long as they believe it, it'll work like that. And if one doesn't believe it oneself, ones analysis will prove faulty when they do act like that.

Peak oil is not an energy crisis. It is a liquid fuel crisis.
by Starvid on Wed Jul 15th, 2009 at 07:16:55 AM EST
No. You're confusing how you should act with how you expect others to act.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Wed Jul 15th, 2009 at 07:35:30 AM EST

Duplicity

by Frank Schnittger - Oct 20

So what went wrong?

by Frank Schnittger - Oct 22

Ulster says NO!

by Frank Schnittger - Oct 17

Trump's Presidency Transfixed

by ARGeezer - Oct 17

Spain is not a democracy

by IdiotSavant - Oct 14