Welcome to European Tribune. It's gone a bit quiet around here these days, but it's still going.
I think that the elite are in office but increasingly no longer in power.

The steering wheel has come off in their hands.

At the zero bound Central Banks and their vaunted monetary policy is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

With the existing terminal systemic imbalance of wealth - where 90% are in debt to the other 10% who own all the unencumbered property - then Treasuries' fiscal policy is also as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Change is coming, and it's coming bottom up from the people really in power, who are linking up in what Brzezinski calls a global political awakening.

Just not politics as we know it.

"The future is already here -- it's just not very evenly distributed" William Gibson

by ChrisCook (cojockathotmaildotcom) on Thu Aug 19th, 2010 at 05:22:11 AM EST
[ Parent ]

Others have rated this comment as follows:


Occasional Series