An organism that should be able to help on this is ETUC, aka the European Trade Union Confederation in Brussels.

I'll give Melanchthon a ping, he would doubtless have suggestions to make.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Nov 7th, 2014 at 09:06:56 AM EST
Also try this.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Nov 7th, 2014 at 09:27:31 AM EST
I'll insist on the likely usefulness of this one. It's from ETUC's information body, ETUI, and it's a database of all European Works Councils. (For a note on what are European Works Councils, see here).

You can search by company and get information on their EWC. Unfortunately they don't give contact details, but you get the status and name of the works council, and can draw up a list of targets. Then possibly googling may come up with contact details.

Links page from Eurofound on European labour relations, that may be of some use. (Eurofound is another potentially useful resource).

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Sat Nov 8th, 2014 at 04:15:00 AM EST
Thanks for the help.  If anyone has something to send to me privately, I can be reached at "my username" @ G Mail .

And I'll give my consent to any government that does not deny a man a living wage-Billy Bragg
by ManfromMiddletown (manfrommiddletown at lycos dot com) on Sat Nov 8th, 2014 at 08:57:43 AM EST
Thanks to all.

There are some groups who want to move ahead, but we all are sort of staring down how to do this.

The comment from JakeS is great.

These companies represent somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the ALEC's current revenue.  They have already lost about 1/3 their income from corporate donations in the past year.  At this point its down to the energy and pharma firms that are very hard to move.

by ManfromMiddletown (manfrommiddletown at lycos dot com) on Fri Nov 7th, 2014 at 12:03:38 PM EST
Out of interest, is the list of companies known to support ALEC publicly available?

- Jake

Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate.

by JakeS (JangoSierra 'at' gmail 'dot' com) on Fri Nov 7th, 2014 at 03:18:00 PM EST
Yes. ALEC Exposed

by ManfromMiddletown (manfrommiddletown at lycos dot com) on Fri Nov 7th, 2014 at 05:34:55 PM EST
I wouldn't screw ALEC while wearing a vulcanized condom.  Those tea-baggers are the ultimate disease.
by rifek on Sun Nov 9th, 2014 at 12:06:19 AM EST
Wasn't InWales at one point involved with union organizing, too?

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Tue Nov 11th, 2014 at 09:19:38 AM EST
Yes. I'm not sure how much Internet access she has at the moment, though.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Tue Nov 11th, 2014 at 12:12:51 PM EST
Same seems to apply to Melanchthon...
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Tue Nov 11th, 2014 at 12:17:40 PM EST
I found contact info for the ETUC staff responsible for Transatlantic dialogue, and sent an email on Sunday.  No response yet, but perhaps it being Remembrance Day today, they were out for a long weekend.  Much hoping that is the case, as compared to them being confused by my email.

by ManfromMiddletown (manfrommiddletown at lycos dot com) on Tue Nov 11th, 2014 at 06:35:57 PM EST