At one time here, Cat, someone would have asked you to rein yourself in and show some respect for other posters. Someone might have said you have hi-jacked this thread with multiple posts containing long excerpts that could very easily have been linked to instead. Someone might also have said that it is not easy to understand what you are saying.

Seriously, who the fuck wants to get into a discussion that has been wallpapered over in this fashion?

Things are going to slide, slide in all directions
Won't be nothing, nothing you can measure anymore
L. Cohen

by john_evans (john(dot)evans(dot)et(at)gmail(dot)com) on Mon Oct 21st, 2019 at 04:56:47 PM EST
Fine.

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.
by Cat on Mon Oct 21st, 2019 at 05:03:26 PM EST
Insofar as your comment is also directed at current frontpagers/moderators, I have to say your point is well made. I am currently extremely constrained in terms of the amount of time I can devote to blogging, and so I am restricting myself to a narrow range of topics. If I cannot understand a comment, or understand how it relates to the diary or other comments, my current practice is simply to ignore it - unless I perceive it to be offensive in some way.

If someone wants to start a different conversation, fine, but I would prefer if they did so by writing their own diary - preferably with an intro/summary which gives an overview of the argument being made, and which encourages others to engage. I am not and have no ambition to be a legal scholar and confront matters of law only where they directly impinge on political developments, however there is no reason why the  European Tribune cannot support support separate legal conversations for those who wish to engage in them.

Index of Frank's Diaries

by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Tue Oct 22nd, 2019 at 10:28:17 PM EST
Actually, it wasn't aimed at current moderators/frontpagers, though I can see how it might be read that way. I don't think anyone has time these days (time's speeding up, folks!) to spend moderating. That's why it's important posters are self-disciplined, if they think the exchanges here are worthwhile.

Things are going to slide, slide in all directions
Won't be nothing, nothing you can measure anymore
L. Cohen
by john_evans (john(dot)evans(dot)et(at)gmail(dot)com) on Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 at 08:26:49 AM EST
I keep enough of an eye to make sure we're not going to be clearly sued into oblivion but beyond that ... there's little comment worth making on Brexit, which is mostly proceeding as I expected. Though I have absolutely no clue what the outcome will be.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 at 10:47:06 AM EST
Though I have absolutely no clue what the outcome will be.

Which proves your point that it's proceeding as expected.  A chaotic system with chaotic attractors.

by rifek on Wed Oct 23rd, 2019 at 11:08:35 PM EST