We're all fugitives from the Group W bench

by ATinNM on Fri Jun 11th, 2021 at 05:36:53 PM EST
'I am not ashamed': Disability advocates, experts implore you to stop saying 'special needs'
Carter-Long, communications director for the Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund, says the word disabled connects members of the community "to each other, our common history, and to the lineage of all those who fought, protested and persisted so that one day we could be proud of disability history too."
by Cat on Fri Jun 11th, 2021 at 06:43:44 PM EST
+ Not too long ago, I wrote that using Twitter as a political tool was like organizing on a trap door. Well, that door finally opened on me and swallowed up my account. For the past two weeks, I've been locked out. No explanation given, no avenue of appeal open. So, if you're looking for me in those argumentative precincts, I'm not there, as Dylan warbled, I'm gone...
- J. St. Clair, Counterpunch
by Cat on Mon Jun 14th, 2021 at 02:31:43 PM EST

Welcome to Wokespeak: Its Logic-Defying Rhetoric Is Making Heads Spin

"The white culture conundrum is one of many such paradoxes in today's topsy-turvy woke culture, where colorblindness once represented the ideal of being unprejudiced, but now marks the epitome of racism."
by Cat on Tue Jun 15th, 2021 at 02:40:43 PM EST
Group W Bench is a reference to "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie.

by ATinNM on Wed Jun 16th, 2021 at 03:02:20 PM EST
< wipes tears >
Not any more. The youngsters have stormed the castle and are rifling the goodies.
by Cat on Wed Jun 16th, 2021 at 07:27:22 PM EST