Paris meet-up update

by paul spencer Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 02:45:16 PM EST

Currently, linca and I are getting together for lunch on April 11 somewhere near The Louvre.  Correct, linca? If so, anyone else?

From what I read in the latest comments on the last update diary, it appears that folks are working out the details for the May get-together. My statement from the last diary seems to be correct: "Looks like May 4 (a Sunday) works best for the largest group. At this point that seems to include Migeru, Metatone, Cyrille, Melanchthon, LEP, Helen, In Wales, geezer in paris with 'possibles' from Jerome, margouillat, afew, and Loefing." Est-ce vrai? Lunch, picnic, supper, some combination?

Migeru, redstar, and I will try to get together Saturday evening, yes?  Again - I am the least constrained and the least knowledgeable, so y'all need to tell me where to be and when.

Update [2008-4-8 16:29:21 by Migeru]: Where and when people are staying (arrondissement and arrival/departure):

• Helen: 13th
  • Migeru & InWales: 20th
  • Jérôme: 16th
  • Colman & Sam: 16th
  • Geezer: 11th
  • Paul Spencer: St. Cloud
  • redstar: 8th, 12th or 19th
  • LEP: 18th
[editor's note, by Migeru] Previous diaries:

Subject to sorting out birth certificates and a passport, I think the three of us will be along that weekend as well, arriving Saturday morning, leaving Tuesday.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 02:56:33 PM EST
We'll be staying around the corner from Jerome, leaving first thing Tuesday, so I guess that's the 16th.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 11:54:33 AM EST
Hurrah!
by In Wales (inwales aaat eurotrib.com) on Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 12:03:01 PM EST
Some travel has been cancelled (what a relief) and I should be in Paris.

I may not be around the whole week-end of the 3-4 May, but I should be there at least on the 4th, so will be happy to join whatever happens.

Some people seem to be unhappy about coming to my neighborhood again, but I'll be happy to organize things again over here if needed.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes

by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 04:34:49 PM EST
I don't mind. I especially like that regional restaurant.

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 05:09:21 PM EST
What's wrong with your neighborhood?

If memory serves, you're in the 16th, which as sort of a condition of living in Paris, I'm sort of being required by the spouse to live at too.

I don't know what's wrong with the 16th, a little bourge but Auteuil is kinda cool, I think...

The Hun is always either at your throat or at your feet. Winston Churchill

by r------ on Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 05:15:54 PM EST
It's just that we end up in the same places every time! The waiters in the Italian restaurant are beginning to recognise me.  Mind you, we intend staying very near there this time, so the local would suit us fine.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 06:05:16 PM EST
I hope to be at the saturday evening festivities, but will probably be late as I've got to go to my hotel in the 13th after dropping everybody else in the 11th or the 20th depending on where they want to get out.

I have absolutely no idea what is being planned or where and just assume somebody will sort it out. However, going over to the 7th on Saturday night seems a bit strange given where we're staying so might somebody reconsider it as it seems inconvenient for everyone.

keep to the Fen Causeway

by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 05:08:16 PM EST
We could all just meet late at Kitty O'shea's, I understand there's something afoot if I remember correctly near Opera (?) and this would fit well.

Wonder if the bartenders there have learnt french yet...

The Hun is always either at your throat or at your feet. Winston Churchill

by r------ on Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 05:11:10 PM EST
An Irish theme pub ?!?!?! O M G. Well, okay if that is the will of the majority but....

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 08:19:34 AM EST
If Paul doesn't object I'll update his diary with everyone's known arrondissement and time of arrival/departure so we can have an idea of where to meet.

When the capital development of a country becomes a by-product of the activities of a casino, the job is likely to be ill-done. — John M. Keynes
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 08:38:04 AM EST
but I would never object to any such edits.

paul spencer
by paul spencer (spencerinthegorge AT yahoo DOT com) on Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 10:55:44 AM EST
Hi, Paul!

I'll be in Paris on April 11. I would be glad to join you for lunch. I sent you an e-mail with my mobile phone number. Call me if it's possible.

"Dieu se rit des hommes qui se plaignent des conséquences alors qu'ils en chérissent les causes" Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet

by Melanchthon on Thu Apr 10th, 2008 at 08:34:57 AM EST
Given the visiting hours I could be in for an early lunch. (12 sharp). However, I'm afraid Paul is in the plane...

Un roi sans divertissement est un homme plein de misères
by linca (antonin POINT lucas AROBASE gmail.com) on Thu Apr 10th, 2008 at 10:44:21 AM EST
I got an e-mail from Paul. He is going to call you.

I sent you an e-mail. 12h is OK for me.

by Melanchthon on Thu Apr 10th, 2008 at 11:38:24 AM EST
I'm afraid I have to cancel our lunch. My mother is in intensive care currently... Hope that does not disturb your plans ?

Un roi sans divertissement est un homme plein de misères
by linca (antonin POINT lucas AROBASE gmail.com) on Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 07:24:55 PM EST
I hope that she recovers.

My plan is to do whatever is decided by the local ETers. I had a particular interest in meeting you, having to do with Migeru's project idea. If your mother improves, do you think that you might be able to join us, say, May 3?

paul spencer

by paul spencer (spencerinthegorge AT yahoo DOT com) on Mon Apr 7th, 2008 at 10:01:07 PM EST
Maybe we can meet later in the afternoon ; visits stop at 3. Maybe for a café ? I'll be coming from the Latin quarter.

Un roi sans divertissement est un homme plein de misères
by linca (antonin POINT lucas AROBASE gmail.com) on Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 06:58:06 AM EST
I'm going to have to bail.
Family issues.
by Metatone (metatone [a|t] gmail (dot) com) on Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 09:16:11 AM EST
Nothing serious I hope.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 11:53:34 AM EST
That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing you again. Hope things sort themselves out soon.
by In Wales (inwales aaat eurotrib.com) on Tue Apr 8th, 2008 at 12:02:10 PM EST