RECENT FURTHER ADVENTURES

by ARGeezer Fri Jun 29th, 2018 at 01:59:19 AM EST

In late March I was happily finishing a 7' oak accessory cabinet to hold a printer, mount my modem and wireless router and shelve tech books when i noticed I was tiring and had to work shorter periods. Next morning my left foot was sore so i took the day off. Sunday it felt like the foot was going to explode if I put weight on it. Monday I went to the hospital but was rejected for admission - I failed to also mention my very dark urine - gotta be thorough.

Tuesday I was admitted and several days later a bone surgeon opened my left fourth metatarsal to the morrow - the beginning of healing! A few days later I was transferred to a skilled nursing facility with rehab. But before I could get to the rehab part I was sent back to the hospital on account of kidney function. Seems I was developing acute renal failure but our kidney specalist seems to have gotten it under control and, while still affected, I can see definite improvement.

On schedule, about 10 weeks after surgery, my wound healed and I was given permission to start putting weight on it and the PT intensified. By June 21 I was well enough to be sent home. One bonus of my stint in the care facility was that the food was so bad I went from 275 lbs at entry to 225 at exit! May I hold on to most of that weight loss.

Upon return home my poor brain was wiped clean from such things as my e-mail password - my first password - where I also stored other pws. Recovered that today.

Good to be back in the land of the living.

Welcome back among the (sort of) living.
by generic on Fri Jun 29th, 2018 at 03:53:47 AM EST
Brain wiped clean? Body went into survival mode ... focused on staying alive perhaps.

Indeed, welcome back ... hopefully all continues well for a full recovery. Importance of healthcare.

Looking forward to yr writings on the topics of adventures of a different nature.

Global Warming - distance between America and Europe is steadily increasing.

by Oui on Fri Jun 29th, 2018 at 04:04:32 AM EST
Been getting worried about you when my emails went unanswered! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED! Looking forward to your incisive and acerbic contributions as your recovery progresses. Keep your (much reduced) weight off that foot for another while! Can I recommend My left foot for some recreational viewing...!

Index of Frank's Diaries
by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Fri Jun 29th, 2018 at 09:25:51 AM EST
Welcome back! :D You were missed.

I had seen a post on your Facebook-account earlier this year about your admittance to the hospital - but saw no further updates after that. But once again, no news is good news.

Do take care with the further recovery and I hope to see you back again with further stories!

by Bjinse on Fri Jun 29th, 2018 at 10:04:52 AM EST
ahh, our own Bilbo ;) has taken up the banner of just one breakfast. alrighty then.

Will we be hearing of your journey to the polling place this autumn?

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.

by Cat on Fri Jun 29th, 2018 at 04:31:33 PM EST
Almost certainly! If I am up to it I may even make phone calls for retarded local Democrat candidates. Better a retarded Dem than a Republican. And, in a year like this, who knows what might happen.

"It is not necessary to have hope in order to persevere."
by ARGeezer (ARGeezer a in a circle eurotrib daught com) on Wed Jul 4th, 2018 at 07:17:49 PM EST
Good to see you back.

by ATinNM on Sat Jun 30th, 2018 at 11:42:29 PM EST
Congrats on surviving and that weight loss programme!
Welcome back. :)